COLLEGE STATION, Texas – In a tightly contested series opener between two top-10 teams, the No. 9…
Alabama Swimmer Earns All-America
After finishing 15th in the preliminaries, Hornikel, a junior at Alabama, climbed four spots to 11th in the finals of the 200 freestyle, posting a career-best time of 1:34.44. It marked the third time that he's posted a career-best mark this season, including a 1:34.58 in prelims. Hornikel was 22nd in the 200 a year ago and was seeded 16th coming into this year's championships after taking third at last month's Southeastern Conference Championships.
Hornikel closes out his second NCAA Championship appearance Saturday with the 100 freestyle, where he finished 13th a year ago. He is seeded 17th coming into this year's championships after scoring a career-best 42.87 at SECs in February.
1,850 Fans online
- Prayer request....................
- **Recruiting Q&A - Answers and a "surprise"
- **Recruiting Q&A - post questions in here (Answers posted)
- Saban/Napier prioritizing LSU commitment [UPDATED]
- Commitments going to be downgraded to "soft verbal"